Rodef Sholom is now partnering with Jewish Family & Community Services East Bay to welcome refugees as they make their way through the resettlement process. Currently, refugees being settled are from Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, North Africa and the former Soviet Union, as well as LGBTQ individuals persecuted for sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Bring or mail a check (payable to JFCS East Bay, with the notation "Welcome Fund") to Rodef Sholom
- Donate a gift card (Target or Safeway only, please) in any amount you wish
Donate the following NEW items:
- Pots, pans, kitchen utensils, plates, bowls, glasses, cups, silverware, baking pans
- Cleaning products, buckets, brooms, and mops
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, lotion, and shaving items
- Disposable diapers and baby wipes
Twin or Queen-sized sheets
Refugees leave all of their possessions behind. They receive modest federal assistance, which does not cover the basic expenses of starting life again in our expensive region. During this season of abundance and thanksgiving, please join our community's efforts to support these refugees in need.