First Fridays are special at Rodef Sholom!
Throughout the school year, many of our First Friday 6:15 pm Shabbat Services are followed by a congregational dinner and song session, and include special programs for children 0-6 and kids 7-11.
- 5:00 pm, Junior Jews (for children 0-6): Fun and candle-lighting with the rabbis
- 5:45 pm, Pre-oneg: Relax before services with a glass of wine and a nosh
- 6:15 pm, Shabbat services with clergy and occasional guest speakers
- 6:15 pm, Got Shpilkes (for kids 7-11): Is your kid too old for childcare but too antsy for regular Shabbat services? They'll love this kid-friendly Shabbat service with Youth Director Rachel Altfeld. Contact Rachel at [email protected] with any questions.
- 7:30 pm, Shulchan Shabbat: Share a meal with your community at this congregational Shabbat dinner (RSVP here by close of business on the Tuesday preceding the dinner).
- 8:30 pm, Shabbat Unplugged: When our artist-in-residence, Dan Nichols, is in town, we follow our dinner with a Shabbat song session, where everyone is invited to bring their voices and instruments to share. Sometimes held in a congregant family's home and sometimes next door at the Osher Marin JCC, Shabbat Unplugged offers a unique opportunity to decompress, relax, and welcome Shabbat with joy and music. RSVP here.