We offer a wide range of experiential learning and social opportunities for children and teens at Rodef Sholom, both inside and outside the synagogue walls! Rodef Sholom kids and teens go on sleepovers and field trips, weekends at camp and mitzvah projects, trips to Los Angeles, New York and Israel.
Want to know more? Contact Ryan Leszner, our director of youth engagement, at [email protected] or 415.479.3447.
Jewish San Francisco I 9th grade: October 28-30, 2016
Ninth graders deepen their understanding of Jewish life right here in our own neighborhood! Explore Bay Area Jewish history, celebrate Havdalah at Land’s End, learn and participate in local tikkun olam efforts, and enjoy Pier 39 with all of our friends! We would love to have you there learn and explore with us! Click here for a registration packet.
Washington, D.C. Trip to the RAC I 10th, 11th and 12th grades: February 24-27, 2017
Are you ready to change the world? Then get excited for the Bernard and Audre Rapoport L’taken Social Justice Seminar! In partnership with the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC), you will have the opportunity to impact our political process as you share your views on social justice topics with decision-makers on Capitol Hill on issues such as Israel, the environment, reproductive rights, LGBTQ civil rights, church/state separation and more! Celebrate Havdallah at the Jefferson Memorial, and engage with teens from Rodef Sholom and across the United States. We look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C. and to visiting Capitol Hill to lobby, as a unified voice, on issues of importance to the Reform Movement. Together, we can fulfill the commandment of “Tzedek, tzedek tirdof,” “Justice, justice you shall pursue” (Deuteronomy 16:20). Contact Ryan Leszner for more information at [email protected].
A Madrich/a is the Hebrew word a guide or a leader. At Rodef Sholom we believe strongly in empowering our teens to grow their leadership skills through the opportunity to serve as guides and grow as role models to our religious school children. Through this program, your teen will assist in leading and facilitating educational experiences, develop leadership skills, and help to instill Jewish values in all elements of our school. Click here for our online Madrichim application.
We offer numerous options for involvement in this program:
- Sunday School at 9:00-11:45 am
- Sunday Hebrew Tutor from 12:00-1:15pm
- 1st Friday Shabbat Kids Programming Got Shpilkes? from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Saturday Morning Gesher at 9:00-10:30am (10th-12th grade madrichim only)
- Tuesday Afternoon Gesher at 4:00-6:00 pm (10th-12th grade madrichim only)
- This year we're also launching an awesome new madrichim track called the Jewish Environmental Fellowship. Teens will have an opportunity to learn about Jewish views on sustainability, ecology, and the natural world. They will have a chance to bond with each other in their own outdoor program led by Rabbi Elana in addition to serving as staff and mentors for our once-a-month young family outdoors program with Makor Marin. This group will meet approximately once-a-month on Saturday mornings.
*You don't need to be enrolled in religious school to participate in any of these events or programs, but it's often more fun if you know kids from your religious school class. However, you do need to be a member of Rodef Sholom - click here for more info on membership.
Join us for our first ever 8th-12 grade Teen Retreat! Come unplug, tune in and join our entire teen community for this wonderful getaway as we celebrate Shabbat, sing, dance, eat, pray, and play together. The weekend will include deep discussion, time in nature, sports activities and much more. Our retreat will allow our teens to engage in impactful experiences that they will remember forever.